Fully Managed Identity Theft Research, Remediation and Recovery
If you suspect identity theft or if your personal information becomes compromised, we will assign you to a personal Recovery Advocate who will complete the recovery work on your behalf, report progress along the way, and be there for you until your good name is restored – no matter how long it takes. Based on your identity theft incident, your Recovery Advocate will:
- Assist in placing fraud alerts at the three major credit bureaus
- Review your credit reports to identify the extent of fraudulent activity
- Remediate fraudulent transactions, false accounts, and/or contracts signed
- Support law enforcement as they work to stop the criminal(s) using your identity
- Follow up with you for 12 months.
This service covers all types of identity theft
, even if it is not related to your account(s) with Afena Federal Credit Union! Types of identity theft covered includes:
- Credit/debit card fraud
- Tax fraud
- Employment fraud
- Government documents and benefits fraud
- Any other identity theft recognized by the Federal Trade Commission
Plus, the identity theft recovery service extends to cover up to 3 generations of your family members!