An account that earns money while protecting your identity, now that's a winning combination…
When you want the convenience of online and mobile access to your accounts, but you're also concerned about protecting your identity, we have a solution for you. A Secure Plus Checking account from Afena will pay you high interest dividends on your account balance and provide you with Identity Theft Services for a deeply discounted monthly service fee of $5.95. Like we said, a winning combination.
Features and Benefits:
- Earn 2.25% dividend on balances up to $10,000 and 0.50% on balances $10,000.01 and above OR earn a dividend rate of 0.05% based on how you use your account*
- Free Afena Debit Card
- Free Online and Mobile banking
- Free Bill Pay
- Free eStatements
- Overdraft fee forgiveness one time per calendar year ($30.00 value)
It's so easy to qualify for the High Dividend Rate- In fact, you may already be doing it!
Don't meet all of these qualifications? Don't worry! You will still earn our base dividend rate of 0.05% and you will still have an opportunity to earn the higher dividend rate the very next month that you qualify.
- Have at least 12 debit card transactions post and settle each month.
- Have at least one automatic payment (ACH) or one Afena Bill Pay transaction post and settle each month
- Be enrolled in and agree to receive eStatements each month
- Be enrolled in and log into Online Banking each month
Think you don't need identity theft protection? Think again.
Identity theft is consistently the number one complaint to the Federal Trade Commission. Rampant data breaches, affecting millions of records, are putting consumers at great risk of identity theft. It can happen to anyone—regardless of your age and income, where you live, or how careful you are.
Restoring your identity on your own can be time-consuming and stressful. After a while, some people give up, leaving them to contend with the aftermath of identity theft for years to come, including fraudulent bills, collections activity, damaged credit and even criminal records.
Afena Federal Credit Union is delighted to provide identity theft detection and recovery services as part of our Secure Plus Checking Accounts at no cost.
We have partnered with one of the nation’s most trusted names in identity theft protection to provide you with access to a comprehensive suite of services to address fraud caused by identity theft if it happens to you or your family member. These services include:
• Fully Managed Identity Theft Recovery
– If you suspect identity theft, or if your personal information becomes compromised, we will assign you to a professional, certified and licensed Recovery Advocate will complete the recovery work on your behalf, report progress along the way, and be there for you until your good name is restored – no matter how long it takes! Click here for complete Terms and Conditions
• Lost Document Replacement
– this service provides personalized one-on-one assistance to replace identity credential documents that have been lost, stolen or destroyed in connection with your identity fraud event.
• Identity Theft Expense Reimbursement Insurance
- you may receive reimbursement for out of pocket expenses incurred during the identity recovery process up to a maximum of $25,000, including reimbursement for lost wages, attorney’s fees, and other expenses. Click here for Evidence of Coverage.
• Entitlement to Credit Monitoring
– If you decide to activate this service you will receive alerts of changes to your credit file that could signal identity theft. We can even send the alerts to you in a text message for ease of use and rapid communication. The entitlement is applicable to individuals age 18 and older who have a valid credit file. Note: You must follow an easy activation process in order to receive the benefits of credit monitoring.
• Mobile Phone Coverage
– this service provides for the labor and parts necessary to repair an eligible device (either new or used) for Accidental Damage from Handling or a Mechanical/Electrical Breakdown, such as a cracked screen or device failure, beginning 30 days after you become eligible for this benefit. Covered claims are subject to a $50 deductible and a $250 maximum; one claim per 12-month period. Certain terms, conditions and limitations apply to these benefits. Click here
to review the “Mobile Device Coverage Member Services Agreement”.
To download a summary of these benefits click here
Open a Secure Plus checking account with Afena Federal Credit Union today!
Looking for more protection against identity theft?
Add additional protection for yourself and your family or recommend to a friend. All packages include Fully Managed Recovery and Lost Document Replacement, and entitlement to credit monitoring, plus other identity fraud detection and recovery benefits. Click here to see package options and to subscribe.
*Qualification Information: Account transactions and activities may take one or more days to post and settle to the account and all must do so during the month in order to qualify for the account’s high dividend rate. The following activities do not count toward earning qualification requirements and/or qualifying you for the higher interest rate: ATM-processed transactions, transfers between accounts, debit card purchases processed by merchants and received by our credit union as ATM transactions, non-retail payment transactions and purchases made with debit cards not issued by our credit union. “Monthly Eligibility” means a period beginning on the first day of the current statement cycle through the close of the current statement cycle. Dividend Information: When your Secure Plus account qualifications are met during a month, the following dividends will be distributed to your account on the last day of the current statement cycle: Balances up to $10,000.00 receive a non-compounding APY* of 2.25%; and balances over $10,000.00 earn 0.50% interest rate on the portion of balance over $10,000.00, resulting in a non-compounding range from 2.25% to 0.57% APY* depending on the account’s balance. When Secure Plus qualifications are not met all balances in your Secure Plus account earn a non-compounding APY of 0.05%. APY = Annual Percentage Yield. \Rates are variable and may change after account is opened. Fees may reduce earnings. Additional Information: Account approval, conditions, qualifications, limits, timeframes, enrollments, log-ons and other requirements apply. No minimum deposit is required to open the account. Monthly enrollment in online banking, receipt of electronic statements, 12 qualifying debit card post and settled transactions and one qualifying ACH or Afena bill payment post and settled transaction are conditions of the Secure Plus account. Enrollment in electronic services (e.g. online banking, electronic statements) and log-ons are required to meet some of the account’s qualifications. Limit 1 account per social security number. There is a recurring $5.95 monthly service charge. There are no fees to open or close this account. Contact one of our credit union service representatives for additional information, details, restrictions, processing limitations and enrollment instructions. Afena is federally insured by the NCUA