COVID-19 RESOURES & RESPONSE
Our staff is prepared to discuss your options and help guide you through these uncertain times.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, at this time, your credit union will continue to serve members in a drive-thru only capacity, keeping our lobbies closed to the public. The reasoning for this is two-fold: 1) we want to protect the health and safety of our employees and members as much as possible and 2) we want to adhere to Governor Holcomb’s guidance that gatherings of more than 25 people continue to be avoided in stage 2 of Indiana’s “Back on Track Plan.”
While we understand that this is an inconvenience, we believe that it is in the best interests of both our members and our employees, and we are committed to ensuring that your health and safety is top of mind. We are also taking several steps internally to ensure that we can provide you with the exceptional member service you deserve during this time.
- We are expanding our number of in-branch staff to increase our phone responsiveness and ensure that we are available to address your questions and financial needs in a timely fashion.
- We are investing in new video banking technology that will allow for you to connect with branch staff in real time directly from your home computer.
- We are increasing the availability of our in-branch loan officers to ensure that we are able to meet your account opening and loan processing needs during these challenging times.
Over the next few weeks we will continue make adjustments to our in-branch offerings and rollout a plan for re-opening our branch lobbies in the safest and most secure way possible, so stay tuned for more information! We are committed to continuing to provide you with exceptional member service and access to our full suite of financial products and services.
Account Assistance and Loans
If you need to open an account or apply for a loan, please be assured that our fantastic member service representatives will be available to assist you by phone - simply call us at 765.664.8089. Whatever your need, our management team has put a plan in place to ensure that we can continue to provide you with all of the products and services you rely on your credit union to provide! We encourage you to call our office if you have any questions about your accounts.
Additionally, please remember we have plenty of ways to quickly and conveniently monitor and/or access your funds online.
FREE online banking
FREE mobile banking available for Apple or Android devices
FREE bank by phone - just call 1-866-325-3677 to get started.
ATM/Debit card access for your savings and/or checking account
Cash withdrawals at surcharge-free ATM locations
Here to Help
We understand this is a stressful uncertain situation for many, and you may have a host of worries about your financial situation. We're here to listen to your story and help you in whatever way we can as the unexpected unfolds. Starting immediately, we are offering multiple solutions to members who are experiencing financial difficulty as a result of the COVID-19 public health crisis.
Temporary Fee Waivers through May 31st
To accommodate the needs of our members during this time, we are waiving fees on several of our accounts and services for the month of April including, but not limited to:
- Up to 4 overdraft fees (courtesy pay or NSF)
- PAL loan application fees
- Smart start checking monthly fees
- Coin counter fees
- Pay by phone fee
- Regular checking monthly below minimum balance fee
- and more...
- PAL Loans (Pay day Alternative Loans)
- Money Maximizer Loans
- Debt Consolidation Loans
- Personal Line of Credit
- Signature Loans
- More...to find the right loan option for you give us a call at 765.664.8089
Significant Loss of Household Income
We recognize that some of our members may be experiencing a significant loss of household income due to job loss, temporary lay-offs, reduced employment hours, etc. We have designed special assistance options to help with these financial needs.
- Loan payment deferral: If you currently have a loan with Afena Federal Credit Union, your loan may be eligible for a payment deferral of up to 90 days. To find out if your loan qualifies call us at 765.664.8089
- Emergency Assistance Loans: Up to $2,000
- Free skip-a-payment: One month
Certified Financial Counselors Available to Help!
Afena offers FREE financial counseling from our certified financial counselors on staff as a benefit to all of our members. We are here to help you not only weather this storm, but we can work with you to help you create a practical plan for your finances that will help you now and into the future.
Despite the impact of COVID-19 on our economy, your money is safe and secure with Afena, and we remind you that your accounts are insured up to $250,000 by the NCUA. As your credit union we are prepared to serve our members during the COVID-19 crisis while ensuring the security and safety of your deposits with us. We are in this together, and we will get through this together.
- Our credit union is financially strong. Your deposits are safe and insured up to $250,000 by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA). The safest place for your funds right now is in your account with us.
- We have initiated our business continuity and pandemic plans to mitigate the impact of COVID-19 on financial services to keep our employees and members safe. We’ve done this while continuing to give our members access to their accounts, money and services they need in various, convenient options.
- We don’t believe its necessary to make large cash withdrawals; your money isn’t safe under the mattress. The safest financial transactions are through online and mobile banking, debit cards, electronic payments, and ATM/ITMs. Many of our services can be conducted remotely while you are in the comfort of your home, giving our members access to their accounts at any time. We are utilizing drive-through services to help “flatten the curve” and protect the health of both members and employees.
Beware of Scammers
We ask you to be aware of fraudulent activity. Fraudsters take advantage of situations like this. Be cautious when ordering from websites, clicking on emails from unknown senders, or donating to charities. The Federal Trade Commission has a list of tips on their website to help you avoid coronavirus scams.
Some products listed on this page have been created for the purpose of those financially affected adversely by the COVID-19 and may required additional documentation and/or subject to minimum underwriting requirements. Contact us directly to review your specific eligibility requirements.