Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Contacts delinquent accounts by phone and mail; takes appropriate action to bring current.
- Prioritizes workload and allocates resources to meet operational needs within the department. Delegates and divides duties within the department.
- Analyzes financial situation of delinquent borrowers; takes action to repossess collateral when arrangements to bring the loan current are unsuccessful.
- Reviews and monitors the workload of the Adjustment Department; provides input to supervisor for performance reviews.
- Arranges the sale of repossessed collateral; determines additional investment to be made in collateral.
- Work closely with attorneys and may testify at legal proceedings.
- Generates daily delinquent letters and collects on delinquent loan payments including Visa, loans, and any other delinquent accounts as well as updating Excel/ Micro Soft and general ledgers that pertain to collections.
- Monitor and follow up on C.P.I claims.
- Filing of the bankruptcy claims and reaffirmation agreements.
- Apply payments and transfers along with processing of charge off accounts.
- Work problem titles.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Two to five years similar or related experience preferred.
A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and/or is usually of a personal or sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating or influencing others. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary.
This job Description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities comprising this position.
Salary commensurate with experience and/or education.
Submit resume online or mail only.
Applicants should submit their resume via email at HR@afenafcu.org