Afena Federal Credit Union (Afena FCU) requires that all the visitors to our site(s) on the Internet (the "Site") adhere to the following rules and regulations. By accessing the Site you indicate your acknowledgment and acceptance of these terms and conditions.
Afena FCU maintains this Site to provide you with information about Afena FCU products and services and to facilitate communication with Afena FCU and its related companies. Your access to and use of the Site are subject to these terms and conditions and all applicable laws and regulations. From time to time we may revise these terms and conditions.
Copyright in the pages, screens, text and images appearing at the Site are owned by Afena FCU or others as indicated. You may copy information from the Site for your personal or educational use only, provided that each copy includes any copyright, trademark or service mark notice or attribution as they appear, on the pages copied. The information and materials may not otherwise be copied, displayed, distributed, downloaded, licensed, modified, published, reposted, reproduced, reused, sold, transmitted, used to create a derivative work or otherwise used for public or commercial purposes, except as provided in these terms and conditions without the expressed written permission of Afena FCU.
You may not be eligible for all the products or services described. Afena FCU reserves the right to determine the eligibility for any product or service.
Any communication or material you transmit to us via the Site or Internet electronic mail is on a non-confidential basis with no promise by Afena FCU not to use such communication or material for any purpose whatsoever, including reproduction, publication, broadcast and posting.
We will use our best efforts to include accurate and up to date information on the Site, but we make no warranties or representations as to the accuracy of the information. You agree that all access and use of the Site and its contents is at your own risk. By using the Site, you acknowledge that we specifically disclaim any liability (whether based in contract, tort, strict liability or otherwise) for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, or special damages arising out of or in any way connected with your access to or use of the Site, (even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages) including liability associated with any viruses which may infect a user's computer equipment.
With regard to services or products purchased or obtained by the user from a non-Afena FCU person or entity, Afena FCU makes no warranty of merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose with regard to such services and products and Afena FCU specifically disclaims all other warranties with regard to said services and products.
You agree that your use of this site shall be governed by Indiana law and agree that venue shall be located in Marion, IN.
Use& Access Agreement for Afena Federal Credit Union's CUonline
- Accessing Your Afena FCU Accounts through CUonline
- New Services
- Benefits of Using CUonline
- Terms and Conditions
- Your Password
- Payment Account
- Our Liability
- Hours of Accessibility
- Additional Terms and Conditions
- General Terms
- Changes to Charges, Fees or Other Terms
- Disclosure of Account Information
- In Case of Errors or Questions
- Liability for Failure to Make Transfers
- Other General Terms
- Protecting Your Account
- Preventing Misuse of Your Account
- Protecting personal Information
- Taking Care of Your Password
- Unauthorized Transactions in Your Accounts
This Use and Access Agreement ("Agreement") for accessing your Afena FCU accounts via CUonline explains the terms and conditions governing the following online services: banking, CUonline Bill Pay and other banking services offered through CUonline. You agree to abide by the terms and conditions of this Agreement. This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted in accordance with federal law and regulation and to the extent there is no applicable federal law or regulation by the laws of the State of Indiana. The terms "we," "us," "our," "Afena FCU" and "Credit Union" refer to Afena Federal Credit Union. "You" refers to each signer on an account. The term "business days" means Monday through Friday, excluding Saturday, Sunday and Federal holidays. CUonline can be used to access certain Afena FCU accounts. The applicable account disclosure statement "Membership and Account Agreement" also governs each of your accounts at Afena FCU.
Accessing Your Afena FCU Accounts through CUonline
- Requirements to access your accounts through CUonline – You must have an eligible Afena FCU account (listed below) and an online username and password. In addition, you must have the required software.
Accounts Accessible through CUonline:
- Fees – There are no monthly or transaction fees for accessing your account(s) through CUonline. Other fees, as described in the applicable Fee Schedule, may apply to services ordered online and to transfers from a credit account. (Fees may change without notice. See General Terms for more information regarding fees.) Please note that fees may be assessed and billed separately by your online service provider.
- New Services – Afena FCU may, from time to time, introduce new services. We shall update this Agreement to notify you of the existence of these new services. By using these services when they become available, you agree to be bound by the rules contained in this Agreement.
- Benefits of Using CUonline – Through CUonline, you can manage your accounts from your home or office on your personal computer or other internet device. You can use CUonline to:
- View accounts balances and review transaction history.
- Transfer money between accounts. (As noted in the applicable Account Disclosures.)
- Transfer money to pay your loan.
- Pay bills to any merchant, institution or individual with a U.S. address.
- Communicate directly with Afena FCU via E-mail.
Terms and Conditions
The first time you access your Afena FCU accounts through CUonline or CUonline Bill Pay confirms your agreement to be bound by all the terms and conditions of this Agreement and acknowledges your receipt and understanding of this disclosure.
- Your Password – You will be given a 6 character Password that will give you access to your Afena FCU account through CUonline. This Password can be changed within CUonline from the change Password option. We recommend that you change your Password regularly. Afena FCU is entitled to act on instructions received under your Password. For security purposes, it is recommended that you memorize this Password and do not write it down. You are responsible for keeping your Password and account data confidential.
- Payment Account – Although there are no fees for accessing your accounts via CUonline, you may be asked to designate a payment account for selected services such as CUonline Bill Pay. You agree to pay promptly all fees and charges for services provided under this Agreement, and authorize us to charge the account that you have designated as the payment account or any other account for the fees. If you close the payment account, you must notify Afena FCU and identify a new payment account for the selected services. Additionally, if you close all Afena FCU accounts, you must notify Afena FCU to cancel your CUonline. Your CUonline may be canceled at any time without prior notice due to insufficient funds in one of your accounts. After cancellation, CUonline may be reinstated, once sufficient funds are available in your accounts to cover any fees and other pending transfers or debits. In order to reinstate your services, you must call Afena FCU (765) 664-8089. If you do not access your accounts via CUonline or schedule and process a payment in your Afena FCU CUonline Bill Pay account via CUonline for any three (3) month period, Afena FCU reserves the right to discontinue your CUonline and CUonline Bill Pay service. Please note that your bill payment information will be lost if your service is discontinued. You agree to be responsible for any telephone charges that you incur by accessing your Afena FCU accounts through CUonline. If you wish to cancel your CUonline, please contact Afena FCU at (765) 664-8089 or send us cancellation instructions in writing to Afena Federal Credit Union, 424 N. Bradner Ave., Marion, IN 46952.
- Our Liability – Except as specifically provided in this Agreement or where the law requires a different standard, you agree that neither the service providers nor we shall be responsible for any loss, property damage or bodily injury. Whether caused by the equipment, software, Afena FCU, by Internet browser providers such as Netscape (Netscape Navigator browser), by online service providers or by an agent or subcontractor of any of the foregoing. Nor shall we or the service providers be responsible for any direct, indirect, special or consequential, economic or other damages arising in any way out of the installation, use or maintenance of the equipment, software, the CUonline, or Internet browser or access software.
- Hours of Accessibility – You can access your Afena FCU accounts through CUonline seven days a week, 24 hours a day. However, at certain times, some or all of CUonline may not be available due to system maintenance. During these times, you may use the touch-tone telephone service, an Afena FCU or network ATM or an Afena FCU branch to conduct your transactions. A transfer initiated through CUonline is posted to your account the same day.
- Additional Terms and Conditions –
Obtaining Account Balance and Transaction History – You can obtain balance and transaction history on all eligible accounts that are available in the CUonline. (See Section 2, Accessing Your Afena FCU Account Through CUonline, for specific accounts accessible by CUonline.) Account balance and transaction history reflects activity through the close of the business day.
Transferring Funds – The number of transfers from a savings account is limited as described in the applicable Account Disclosures. If a hold has been placed on deposits made to an account from which you wish to transfer funds, you cannot transfer the portion of the funds held until the hold expires.
- Changes to Charges, Fees or Other Terms – We reserve the right to change the charges, fees or other terms described in this Agreement. When changes are made to any fees, charges, or other material terms we will update this Agreement, and either send a notice to you at the address shown on our records, or send you an electronic mail message (E-mail). The notice will be posted or sent at least thirty (30) days in advance of the effective date of any additional fees for internet transactions, or of any stricter limits on the type, amount or frequency of transactions or any increase in your responsibility for unauthorized transactions, unless an immediate change is necessary to maintain the security of the system. If such an immediate change is made, the change is permanent, and it can be disclosed without jeopardizing the security of the system, we will provide you with electronic or written notice with the next regularly scheduled periodic statement or within thirty (30) days after the change. As always, you may choose to accept or decline changes by continuing or discontinuing the accounts or services to which these changes relate. We also reserve the option, in our business judgment, to waive, reduce or reverse charges or fees in individual situations. Changes to fees applicable to specific accounts are governed by the applicable Account Disclosures.
- Disclosure of Account Information – You authorize Afena FCU to disclose to third parties, agents, and affiliates, such as independent auditors, consultants or attorneys, information that you have provided or that we have obtained about your accounts and the transfers you make:
- To comply with government agency or court orders or requests; or
- To verify the existence and condition of your account for third party, such as credit bureau or merchant; or
- Where it is necessary for completing transfers; or
- To provide services relating to your account or to offer other products and services; or
- If you give us your permission.
- In Case of Errors or Questions – Errors or questions involving an Afena FCU account through CUonline should be reported by one of the following methods:
We will tell you the results of our investigation within ten (10) business days, or twenty (20) business days in the case of point of sale purchases, after we hear from you and will correct any error promptly. If we need more time, however, we may take up to forty-five (45) days, or ninety (90) days in the case of point of sale or transactions involving new accounts from the date of the first deposit, to investigate your complaint or question. If we decide to do this, we will give provisional credit to your account within ten (10) business days, or twenty (20) business days in the case of point of sale or transactions involving new accounts from the date of the first deposit, for the amount you think is in error, so that you will have the use of the money during the time it takes us to complete our investigation. If we ask you to put your complaint or question in writing and we do not receive it within ten (10) business days of this request, we will not credit your account. If we determine that there was no error, we will send you written explanation within three (3) business days after we finish our investigation and debit the amount of the error that we previously credited. You may request copies of the documents that we used in our investigation.
- Call Afena FCU at (765) 664-8089, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 7:00am-4:30pm, Wednesday 9:00am-4:30pm (EST).
- Write Afena Federal Credit Union, 424 N. Bradner Ave., Marion, IN 46952, as soon as you identify any errors or discrepancies in your statement or transaction record, or if you need more information about a transaction listed on the statement or transaction record.
- We must hear from you no later than sixty (60) days after we have sent the first paper or electronic statement on which the problem or error appeared. If you notify us verbally, we may require that you send us your complaint or question in writing within ten (10) business days. When you tell us about the problem, please:
- Tell us your name and account number.
- Describe the error or the transaction you are unsure about, and explain why you believe it is an error or what additional information you need.
- Tell us the dollar amount of any suspected error.
- Liability for Failure to Make Transfers – If we do not complete a transfer to or from your Afena FCU account on time or in the correct amount according to our agreement with you, we will be liable for your losses or damages. However, there are some exceptions. We will not be liable:
- If, through no fault of ours, you do not have enough money in your account to make a transfer.
- If a legal order directs us to prohibit withdrawals from the account.
- If your account is closed or if it has been frozen.
- If the transfer would cause your balance to go over the credit limit for any credit arrangement set up to cover overdrafts.
- If you, or anyone you allow, commits any fraud or violates any law or regulation.
- If any electronic terminal, telecommunication device or any part of the electronic fund transfer system is not working properly.
- If you have not properly followed the instructions for using CUonline.
- If circumstances beyond our control (such as fire, flood or improper transmission or handling of payment by a third party) prevent the transfer despite reasonable precautions taken by us.
- Other General Terms and Agreements –
In addition to this Agreement you agree to be bound by and will comply with the requirements of the applicable Account Disclosures, the Credit Union's regulations, the rules and regulations of any funds transfer system to which the Credit Union belongs, and applicable state and federal laws and regulations. We agree to be bound by them also.
Afena Federal Credit Union's Right to Terminate this Agreement – The Credit Union reserves the right to terminate this Use and Access Agreement and your access to CUonline, in whole or in part, at any time.
Assignment – Afena Federal Credit Union may assign or delegate certain of its rights and responsibilities under this Use and Access Agreement to independent contractors or other third parties.
Protecting Your Account
- Preventing Misuse of Your Account – Your role is extremely important in the prevention of any wrongful use of your account. You must promptly examine your statement upon receipt. If you find that your records and ours disagree, you must immediately call Afena FCU at (765) 664-8089.
- Protecting Personal Information – In addition to protecting your account information, you should take precautions to protect your personal identification information, such as your driver's license, Social Security Number, etc. This information by itself or together with information on your account may allow unauthorized access to your account(s). It is your responsibility to protect personal information with the same level of care that you protect your account information.
- Taking Care of Your Password – The password that is used to gain access to CUonline should be kept confidential. For your protection we recommend that you change your password regularly. We recommend that you memorize this password and do not write it down. You are responsible for keeping your password, account numbers and other account data confidential. If you believe that your password may have been lost or stolen, or that someone has transferred or may transfer money from your account without your permission, notify Afena FCU at once at (765) 664-8089.
Preventing Misuse of Your Account – Your role is extremely important in the prevention of any wrongful use of your account. You must promptly examine your statement upon receipt. If you find that your records and ours disagree, you must immediately call Afena FCU at (765) 664-8089.
Protecting Personal Information – In addition to protecting your account information, you should take precautions to protect your personal identification information, such as your driver's license, Social Security Number, etc. This information by itself or together with information on your account may allow unauthorized access to your account(s). It is your responsibility to protect personal information with the same level of care that you protect your account information.
Taking Care of Your Password – The password that is used to gain access to CUonline should be kept confidential. For your protection we recommend that you change your password regularly. We recommend that you memorize this password and do not write it down. You are responsible for keeping your password, account numbers and other account data confidential. If you believe that your password may have been lost or stolen, or that someone has transferred or may transfer money from your account without your permission, notify Afena FCU at once at (765) 664-8089.
- Unauthorized Transactions in Your Afena FCU Accounts – Notify us at once if you believe another person has improperly obtained your password. Also notify us if someone has transferred or may transfer money from your account without your permission, or if you suspect any fraudulent activity on your account. Only reveal your account number to a legitimate entity for a purpose you authorize (such as your insurance company for automatic payments). To notify us, either call Afena FCU at (765) 664-8089, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 7:00am-4:30 pm, Wednesday 9:00am-4:30pm (EST), write Afena Federal Credit Union, 424 N. Bradner Ave., Marion, IN 46952, or visit one of our branches during business hours.